America will now have 65% less Carol Alt.
- NHL Exile: Alexei Yashin has signed a one-year contract with Lokomotiv of the Russian Super League. As you may remember, the former Islander is being paid more than $2 million to not play on Long Island this season. Said Yashin's agent Mark Gandler; "Right now the city is electric, everyone is excited, the arena will be packed and Alexei will play hard." Yashin playing hard? I'll believe it when me shit turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbet.
- The Predators situation is still a mess: TSN is reporting that Jim Balsillie is accusing Gary Bettman of tampering. This looks like it's going to drag on for quite some time...
- You knew this internet thing was doomed from the start: Watch 45 seconds of a cat sitting on a sofa. It's riveting.
- Marketing ploy or honest tribute: The Islanders have announced that Hall of Fame coach Al Arbour will coach a regular season game with the team this season. It would give Arbour his 15,000th NHL game behind the bench, a number which is said to please Ted Nolan a lot more than the current 14,999 that Arbour has. Blatant marketing ploy or tribute to a legend? You decide.
- Ziggy Palffy has returned -- in Slovakia.
- Not entirely sure what was going on at that Predators rally -- but it worked.