The Stanley Cup finals are going to start tomorrow evening, and naturally, we are all very excited about that, even though it is between two teams, the New Jersey Devils and Los Angeles Kings that I am aggressively dispassionate about. I seriously took about half an hour trying to think of something, anything, I could say about the New Jersey Devils in a mildly humorous manner today. I could not. So anyways, here are a few predictions I have about the looming Finals.
- There will be over 900 spoofs of the Devils and the Jersey Shore from the media and on the internet, despite the fact that there are many, many more vapid people in southern California than there are on the Jersey Shore.
- You will talk to more people before the games start that think the Kings will win the series than the Devils, despite the fact that the Kings are an 8 seed.
- The neutral zone trap will be discussed ad nauseum before the series starts. The names Ilya Kovalchuck nad Zach Parise will be mentioned maybe once or twice.
- The Los Angeles Kings will have interesting things to say on their Twitter feed.
- You will continue to see what rough shape NBC is in, based on the terrible shows they are advertising for during intermissions.
- You will never say "shot" the same way again, after another series of Mike Emrick.
- The Devils win, in 6 games.